What's the name of the hotel you can see in the background of the 4th pic? It looks like a hotel anyway.
Finally got around to processing a few of the photos I took a couple of weeks ago.
![]()
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
What's the name of the hotel you can see in the background of the 4th pic? It looks like a hotel anyway.
cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....
Hampton Inn maybe?
cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....
nice pics
[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Rinker270/cat2.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.ukathletics.com/image_lib/mbb_team_200708.jpg[/img]
Nice ball park. I've watched about 3-4 games there this season and plan on going up again in a few weeks when the Chattanooga Lookouts return to town. Was up last Saturday and watch the Smokies play the Biscuits (Tampa Bay affiliate). Rocco Baldelli was playing on a rehab stint. I love watching these pros get sent down and play against lower level guys. You can just see they are heads and shoulders above everyone else. Baldelli got 3 ABs, hit a homerun and the other 2 balls were hit hard. I think he ended 2-3. Watched Smoltz pitch there a few weeks back before he finally called it a season.
Can still remember watching Ankiel pitch in Johnson City for the Cards after his wild stint with St . Louis. You could tell he was a major league pitching to rookie league guys. They couldn't touch him.
Went down last night and watched them play the Mudcats. Smokies won 5-4 with a broken bat, bases loaded single in the bottom of the 9th. Pretty good game. Smokies hit back to back homeruns in the bottom of the 3rd, and then the Mudcats hit back to back to back homers in the top of the 4th. Nice park and atmosphere!
cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....
Went back down tonight. They lost to the Mudcats 4-3. Was 3-3 going into the 9th. Muddies managed to plate one, then sent the Smokies down 1-2-3 in the bottom.
90* and 90% humidity isn't good baseball viewing weather.
Had seats behind home plate tonight. Good view of the action, but I was too close to the netting (4th row).
Discovered tonight that they have The Official Draft Beer of the Chicago Cubs on tap down there. Old Style is different, that much is certain. The polish dogs are damn good as well. Plus Mayfield ice cream in mini-batting helmets.
My last game of the season, but next year will see me down there quite a bit more often. Only 2 hours away, $9 a seat and you pretty much have your pick of seats when buying online.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bud and Old Style is pretty much all you can get at a Cub game.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> then sent the Smokies down 1-2-3 in the bottom. </div></div>
Guessing it was Dobyns-Bennett's Chris Mobley closing it down? Seems he's been pitching very well for them.
I'm going up the weeekend of the 23rd I believe it is. The Chattanooga Lookouts roll back into town for the final time this season.
As for the seats, I've gotten really good seats to a Smokies game just by walking up to the ticket window 30 mins prior to game time.
Bookmarks